Starting with an example can help you overcome your writer’s block
As a new massage therapist just graduated from massage therapy school, it’s important to have a resume that shows off the skills you have learned. Your resume is your chance to market yourself to a potential employer and show them why you are the best candidate for the job.
If you are stuck staring at a blank screen and don’t know where to begin, why not try looking at a sample resume? A sample resume can give you ideas on how to organize your resume, as well as what types of information to include. Take a look at our sample resume and our resume tips, and see if this is what you need to get started.
Sample Massage Therapist Resume
999 Salter Street – Fall River, MA 00000
Mobile: 234-567-8901 – Email: email@example.com
To use my massage therapy skills to deliver high quality massage services to customers and help increase the client base at Massage for Today spas.
Swedish massage – Deep tissue massage – Shiatsu – Reflexology – Acupressure – Trigger point – Sports massage – Prenatal and geriatric massage – Hot stone massage – Aromatherapy
BUSINESS SKILLS and COMPUTER SKILLS
Billing – Scheduling – Marketing – Sales – Customer service – MS Office – Excel – Word – Outlook
Massage Therapist Intern (Unpaid internship)
Salter School On-Site Massage Clinic, Fall River, MA – January 2016 to March 2016
- Met with 3 to 5 clients per day
- Performed new client intake and discussed clients’ needs and expectations
- Offered a range of modalities, depending on client preference
- Prepared room and materials for business each morning
- Maintained supply closet and ordered new supplies
- Worked on marketing campaign to bring in outside clients
- Scheduled appointments and handled billing for over 100 clients during the internship
Customer Service Representative
The Home Depot, Fall River, MA – September 2013 to January 2015
- Handled returns and customer concerns. Served over 100 customers daily
- Assisted with restocking of shelves
- Received positive evaluations from supervisor
The Salter School, Fall River, MA (accredited school)
Massage Therapist diploma, March 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
Fall River High School, Fall River, MA
- Diane Johnson, Career Services, The Salter School, Phone: 222-222-2222
- Maria Rodriguez, Internship Supervisor, The Salter School, Phone: 333-333-3333
We hope this sample resume helps take some of the mystery out of writing resumes, and gets you excited about beginning your new career as a massage therapist. And most importantly, best of luck to you!
The Salter School provides a Massage Therapy training program at three locations in Fall River, Tewksbury, and Malden, Massachusetts. Contact us for more information about enrolling in one of our career-focused programs.